A Secret Ingredient

I'm convinced one of the key ingredients to keeping my peace of mind is getting the proper rest. I slept in this morning (until 7 a.m.), and it felt GOOD! I still cooked my husband breakfast, yet I went back to bed, which is something I rarely do. There was really no reason to stay up - well, of course there was - there were dishes and clothes to be washed, bathrooms to be cleaned, rugs to be vacuumed, and much more, yet going back to bed sure wasn't going to make these tasks disappear, and as a matter of fact, when I woke up they were still there staring me in the face and probably wondering where I was (smile). I'm not just finding out how important rest is, yet I sure deny myself of the benefits often. Mothers are always saying how tired we are and I use to say I didn't have time to take a break, but of course I do! JUST DO IT! Who's stopping me? Only myself. I use to feel like a slacker for taking a nap in the middle of the day, yet waking up at 4:30 in the morning for the past I don't know how many years, takes a toll on ones body! Sometimes I need a moment to sit and exhale. Find a minute to put your feet up, rest your eyes, or just breathe....this minute will add peace and energy to your day. We deserve it!