A Praying Mother

When the Lord opened my eyes this morning at 4:30 a.m., I reached over and held my husband and silently prayed for him. I asked the Lord to bless him, cover him with His protective blood, guard his heart and mind from unclean spirits, and help him not to yield to temptation. Just as our country forgets from time to time that we're at war, Mothers forget we are at war in our own homes - daily. The enemy is out to kill, steal, and destroy all God has blessed us with, so Mothers must rise early and prepare for battle. We can't afford to wait for an attack on our home to pray; yet we must fervently pray without ceasing and stay in position for battle. If the enemy catches us sleeping or in a relaxed frame of mind, we give him easy access to our husband and children and before we know it, they are caught up in something and we're wondering why and how it happened. Staying prayerful also keeps us focused as Godly women and away from unnecessary busyness. Prayers of circumstance can't be our only prayers, yet me must develop a praying spirit. I've learned to pray for my family as I serve them and a Mother is always serving. We can pray while washing, folding, and putting away their clothes, cooking for them, washing dishes, transporting them, and even picking up behind them. I've wasted enough time on trivial thoughts throughout the day wondering why my husband and children aren't doing what they should be doing and hosting private conversations in my mind when I should be having conversations with the Master. I realize all Mothers reading this may not know how to pray, so this week, you can find prayers posted on the MW Blog to help you begin praying for your family. Yes, another role of the Mother - being on the frontline of the battlefield - in prayer.

Colossians 4:2 (NIV)
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.