A Minute Alone

Although my sons are homeschooled, they attend school once a week. I would not be honest if I said I love being with my children 24 hours a day 7 days a week...sometimes I need just a minute to myself and I usually get it on Mondays when they attend school. I do have plenty to keep me busy today with grocery shopping, laundry, and other small jobs around the house, yet I’ll be able to hear myself breath and I won’t have anyone’s shadow except my own. Yippee! I pick my boys up at 3 p.m. and I always look so forward to seeing their faces and finding out how their day went. I want to know everything they did and who they interacted with. Yes, I have a million questions for them (smile). Sometimes just a minute alone makes us a better wife and a better mother. Have you had your minute today?