Single Moms Stand Supreme!

Eight o’clock in the evening is usually when I begin looking for my second wind after a day full of activity and events. I’m usually physically and mentally exhausted, and getting the boys ready for bed is a job in itself. Let’s face it, very few children have a strong desire to take a bath and go to bed on time, so it turns into a power struggle between parent and child or maybe even a fight for some households. I have one son that doesn't want to get in the shower and one I have to pull out of the shower. I have often gone to bed before them and left the nighttime regime to my husband, yet single moms don’t have this pleasure. They must continue with their role with absolutely no help except maybe from an older child. Just the thought of what a single mother goes through makes me appreciate them much more. Having someone to take care of maintenance of our vehicles, yard work, house repairs, and financially provide for the family are responsibilities easily taken for granted until a parent is subtracted from the equation. Military spouses may experience the single parent syndrome, yet it’s temporary, whereas a single mother lives this each day with no respite in site. Let's reach out to our single mothers and offer them the support they need. An offer to baby-sit, an unexpected dessert for the children, help with yard work, or even collecting coupons for them would all be well received. For all the single mothers reading this, you stand supreme in my book! Be strong and be encouraged!