Get Up!

Sunday morning, when I was just about finished getting everyone else ready for church, a state of confusion covered my brain. I couldn't think straight and my mind was in a place I had never experienced before...deep disorder. I couldn't think to get myself ready for church. I didn't know what to pick up first or what direction to walk in, so I sat on my bed thinking I just needed a moment to exhale. I moved from the bed to the floor and began to cry. I couldn't understand what was going on with me and my husband didn't know how to help me. These emotions hit me like a football tackle from behind...I didn't see it coming. I was not physically, mentally, or spiritually able to get up and shake off whatever this heaviness was that ushered me to a pit of despair. After sitting there for a long while, the phone rang and on the other end was the voice of a seasoned woman from my church that had never called me before. I was able to pull myself together enough to communicate and she began to share the awesome power of God and the strength I had in Jesus. She talked to me as if I were her daughter and she reminded me of the consequences of pouring into everyone else and not caring for myself. I know, I know, I preach this daily, yet I need to be ministered to also! She explained how my body shut down, which included my ability to make decisions and function properly! I was a victim of fatigue and the S on my shirt (Superwoman) fell off. She ended the conversation saying, “Get up! Get up!” After several get ups, I was standing on my feet and filled with nothing BUT the power of the Lord. My family was able to make church school and the second worship service; we appeared as if we didn’t miss a beat. The sermon title was Still I Rise. Hmmm...need I say more? I thought of how many women experience these dreadful moments or silently snap and never ask for help. What about the mothers who don't have a relationship with a risen Savior to help bring them through? I've learned my lesson and I thank God he restored my strength, energy, and power. It was scary for me, yet God showed His power like I've never seen it before. Be encouraged and most of all...encourage others!
II Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
....”My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness…”