The Weight of the World

It never fails, whenever the family leaves the house, I’m usually the last one out. My three gentlemen are in the car wondering what is taking me so long. I often wonder why I’m the last one out also! I’m usually cutting off lights, ceiling fans, and making sure the doors are locked. Sometimes I’m trying to finish just one more task, so I won’t have to look at unfinished business when I get home. I just have to fold that last towel, wash a few more dishes or pick up shoes sitting in the hallway. Tonight my husband reminded me to make sure I always have the cell phone when WE leave the house. Okay, I can do that! I don’t understand why it has to be ME, yet I’m flattered and fortunate to have to remember these small, yet important matters for the entire family. Yeah right! It would be nice if we could work as a team. Teamwork! Teamwork! RAH! RAH! RAH! My oldest said he had a way to help me. Could this be true? Is he actually trying to help lighten my load? He said he would put a sign on the door that said CELL PHONE, so I could remember to pick it up when we leave the house. I give up...rah,rah,rah. Thank God my shoulders were made wide enough to carry the weight, yet they sure get tired sometimes!