I Feel Lousy!

I woke up this morning feeling aches in every muscle and I recognized every sign of my 42 years of age. I realized not only had I not taken my vitamins or exercised in a few days, I also had ice cream and cake before I went to bed after 10 p.m. last night. I’m convinced I feel better and have a more stable state of mind when I care for my body properly. Yes, I know my family needs me and depends on me. Yes, I realize I can’t take care of them unless I take care of myself first, yet it’s so easy to pop something sweet in my mouth first thing in the morning or late in the evening and I know it will only drag me down. So why do I do it? Because it was there and I promise you I hear sweet treats calling my name! Routine choices create habits and we are showing our children the importance of or lack of physical exercise, healthy eating habits, and optimum health by what we do...children live what they learn. Very few people love to exercise and we all have an excuse...I’m tired, I work hard, I don’t have time, I have a bad knee, my back hurts, I can’t exercise at home, the list goes on. Even if we run in place or do floor exercises while watching television, take our children for a walk in the park, walk on our lunch break, or go for an evening stroll as a family, we should do something! Our state of mind will improve and we’ll have more energy. Are you feeling lousy, not happy with yourself, or just feeling down in the dumps lately? Take one step at a time, one day at a time. We must do our part, so God can do His part! It’s never to late to begin and I encourage you to join me TODAY as I pray for the desire to develop good health habits for living a physical and spiritual life that brings God glory. No, it won’t be easy, yet with a little persistence and perseverance topped with God’s power, we can do it!
Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.