I Don't Have Time!

There are 24 hours in a day and we all have the same amount of time to tackle the tasks of the day. What do you do with your time? Do you have enough time? I’ll share a nugget my wise father shared with me. Time is something you can’t find when you lose it...when it’s gone, it’s gone for good. I remember a mother who would relax on her front porch and patiently wait for her children to get off the school bus. Her house was always spotless clean, even her children’s rooms. She would be awarded Yard of the Month several times in the year, and dinner was always ready for her husband and even lunch when he can home. She was always able to enjoy an occasional girls night out, sometimes in the middle of the week! How did she do it? Was she a Stepford Wife or something? I can’t seem to get ahead to get my house clean the way I want it, forget KEEP it clean! Yes, dinner is usually almost ready when hubby comes home, yet if he came home for lunch, I’d probably scream because he interrupted my day. Sit on the porch and wait for my children? I pick them up from school and I’m usually rushing out the house hoping I won’t be late and they only go one day a week. My sons’ room is always junky in spite of my obviously ineffective commands to have them clean it several times a day. Yard of the Month? Yeah right;I don’t do yard work; I don’t have time! Where does the time go? Am I suffering from time management failure? Another mom I know has a daily schedule and she lives by it, another one has a To Do List that works for her. Me? Hmmm...I just take the day as it comes minute by minute. Do whatever works for you and your family, just remember we all have 24 hours in the day and we really do have enough time in the day, it’s what we do with our time that matters.