Zip It Up!

Why do I always have to be the peacemaker in my marriage? I guess this is the way God designed it. It’s very difficult for me to live in tension. When things aren’t right between my husband and me, peace making is my priority. Peace within myself and between the two of us. I like to have a disagreement or an argument and move on. Life goes on, so why can’t we? I thank God I don’t feel comfortable harboring ill feelings, and I definitely don’t take the credit for this! A lot of times, my mouth can get me in trouble and stir things up in my marriage that could have been prevented. I’m learning to just zip it up and things sure have been a lot more peaceful!! I’m not saying I don’t speak my mind because I do. I’m picking and choosing what I say and especially WHEN I say it and allowing God to groom me in this area of my life. No, it isn't easy by any means! I’ve been a wise mouth and quick at the lips all my life. As a child, my mother would literally pull my lips whenever I said something disrespectful or unkind. I wasn’t trying to be unkind, the words just came out! I usually don’t even think about what I’m going to say, I just say it. Maybe that’s the problem huh? My mouth, with that little piece of red dynamite called a tongue, has gotten me into so much trouble. When words leave our lips, they are planted in our children’s minds, our husband’s hearts, and in our guilt trunk if we have one. What a wonderful world this would be if some of us would just ZIP IT UP! What a peaceful marriage I'm experiencing because I'm learning to ZIP IT UP!