Where Is The Love?

It’s only the beginning of the summer season, and I’ve heard from many mothers via email and spoken with many in person that are already stressing the summer with their children. Disobedience, boredom, cost of summer camps, eating everything in sight, talking non-stop, the list goes on and on. Yesterday I felt the need to search my own heart in regards to my love for ALL children. Sometimes I wonder where the love is when a child comes over that may not be as disciplined or obedient as I think they should be. All children need love and it’s probably because of the lack of love they receive that they act the way they do. It’s not rare for our home to have one, two, maybe three children besides our own and yes, it’s always one that I have to give extra attention to in regards to their behavior. Instead of wishing the child would go home, I SHOULD have a desire to willingly reach out to that child. It’s easy to love a lovable child!! My prayer lately has been to have the love of the Lord for ALL children, not just my own. Help me, Lord! Help me to have your patience with children, your long-suffering with children, your understanding with children, and especially your heart for children. It's summertime and it looks like the mothers are in summer school...The School of Love!