"Can We Talk Now?"

Okay, time out! It seems my boys can't get enough of me. Do they really love my company that much or is it because they don’t have anyone else to talk to besides each other? Just give me a minute to breath! Coming home from church last night, I must have heard Mama, Mama, Mama, fifty times! Did they not see their father in the driver's seat? My goodness, am I the only parent they want to share their experiences with? Yeah, yeah, I know, I chose to home school them and be here with them everyday and I wouldn't have it any other way, yet can I just vent a moment? I'm feeling better already (smile). My name is called beginning first thing in the morning and ends when they go to bed at night. I'm extremely happy they feel comfortable enough to share their secrets, show me their acrobatic moves, and tell me an eight-minute, made up story with imaginary characters, yet can I have an intermission period? Toooo funny! Just thinking of them warms my heart and it's hilarious when I tell them I need a moment of silence and they wait anxiously for that moment to end, so they can mama me again (smile). Those moments of silence have been known to last a whole car trip to run errands and back. "Mama, can we talk now?" Our reading time use to be quiet, yet now they are reading books they are so excited about, they want to share what they read or the youngest is asking for help sounding out words. I'm blessed to have two energetic boys excited about life and learning, and happy to have their mother at home with them. I just needed to vent and now I’m okay! Thanks for listening! I lost my peace for a minute and thank God I found it. Sometimes our temperament level can be shorter on some days than on others due to our hallelujah hormones. Hallelujah!! Time to go now, they aren't allowed to talk to me while I'm working on the computer and one keeps peering around the corner (smile).
Now I know why my mother would tell us she was going to change her name!!