Summertime Struggles

Children look so forward to the last day of school and being able to have a little fun without the thought of homework and alarm clocks. Unfortunately, the feeling is not mutual among all parents. So many parents struggle to find summer camps and other babysitting alternatives for children. What’s a working mother to do now that her child is home everyday? I’ve never noticed this before and it’s probably because this year I’ve been asked by several mothers to help them out. I’d be running a childcare if I helped everyone as I wish I could. Nothing changes in my home during the summer break because the boys are home-schooled year round with several free days to make them feel they are on summer vacation (smile). I haven’t a clue what I would do if I were working because money would probably be an issue. Pay for childcare for the entire summer? Yep, I’d be looking for a nearby relative for a few weeks. Is this why children go away during summer break? Wouldn’t it be great to have several schools in your city that would be open during the summer to have fun refresher courses, learning activities, outside fun and games plus other entertaining events for children? Parents could make payments throughout the entire school year and be paid up in time for summer break! Hmmm…sounds like a winner! I’m sure there are some teachers who would like extra pay or teachers in training needed experience that would love to work during the summer. Although some parents do look forward to the summer time for family vacations, the majority must continue to work to keep food on the table. We all deserve a break…even from summertime struggles!