I AM ME

One of my greatest accomplishments in my life was finally accepting who I am as a woman, wife, and mother. From every aspect of my personality to the mother God is continually molding me to be, the fact is...I am, who I am. Mothers are good at critiquing and correcting, after all, that’s what we do. We compare houses, children, and each other. What works well in one household won’t necessarily work in another. We all have different personalities, desires, tolerance levels, various levels of support or no support from husbands, etc… I’ve been a mother for just over ten years and each new day shows me just how much I don’t know about mothering. Twelve years of marriage is teaching me how to love unconditionally. They (whoever they is) say the first two years are the hardest, yet I beg to differ! Real love stands the test of time and trials! Needless to say, we can all learn from each other. We’re all in the same boat, yet different size boats with different capabilities. Your yacht is no better than my fishing boat…they both stay afloat and they both can sink. Be proud of who you are, yet not so proud God can’t mold you to be all He wants you to be. God made you a unique woman; there is nobody else like you. He strategically chose you to be the mother of your children; nobody else can mother them like you. He also chose your husband for you (if you let Him); nobody else can be his happy helpmate! The next time you are speaking to another woman or with a group of mothers and the conversation turns to our home, husbands, or children, know we all have something to offer and we can learn from one another. Let's not be so critical and try to listen more and talk less. We may not all agree, yet you are you and I am me. (Yes, I know this is not proper grammar)