They Really Care!

When I’m feeling ill or extremely tired, I continue to do what needs to be done for my family. The cooking, cleaning, and laundry still needs to be done...who else will do it? I continue as if everything is okay while praying for strength to keep going. When I crash on the sofa with dishes in the sink or go to bed before anyone else is a clue to my family that I’ve reached my limit. This happened yesterday at the end of our very full day and I was quite pleased at how my family stepped up to the plate. I knew I needed to rest and eat a decent meal, yet only had the energy to crash on the sofa. My youngest was extremely attentive as he made me a grilled cheese sandwich and served me. My oldest waited on me hand and foot and my husband later prepared my favorite meal of fish, fries, and slaw. He cooked! He sure looked good in the kitchen AND he washed dishes! So, is this the key to receiving this type of treatment every now and then? Act like I’m about to die? I’m sure they would do this more often if I asked them to, yet it sure would be nice for them to do it on their own every now and then! Even after I felt better, I didn’t let them know…I enjoyed every bit of this royal treatment until I fell asleep. The most important part of this ordeal was letting my sons know how their attentiveness was appreciated! I let them know how important it will be to let their own wives feel loved and appreciated on a regular basis. Today I am rejuvenated and ready to tackle the tasks of the day! REST is a crucial ingredient for a happy wife and mother.