Back On Track

I’ve had four days alone while my family was out of town and now it’s time to get back into the swing of things. They brought back tons of laundry and it's not only calling my name, it’s yelling and begging, but that’s okay! The thing I learned most during my four days of personal retreat was to develop a praying spirit and a mind of continual meditation. What am I thinking about anyway that would benefit my disposition and well being during the course of the day? I usually think about what needs to be done, what I already finished, or concentrating on whatever I’m doing at the moment. As I do laundry and empty their full suitcases, I’ll begin practicing saying a prayer for whoever’s clothing I’m handling at the moment. While cooking, I’ll pray for the family and while cleaning, I’ll pray for a servant attitude as I serve the family God has placed in my care. I know this won’t happen overnight, yet I have to begin somewhere and I have to practice it daily. I learned from one of the Pensacola Pelicans, our local baseball team, that practice doesn’t make perfect, yet perfect practice makes perfection. Can you imagine always having a peaceful spirit and a mind of meditation with your husband and children? I wouldn’t have high blood pressure! Having that time alone has definitely helped my attitude. It’s so true - time away makes you a better wife and mother and it doesn’t matter who goes away...somebody just go!