No Control

I woke up a little later than usual this morning and wanted to immediately begin my housework to catch up on lost time. I usually take time to sit and spend time with the Lord, meditate, and pray, yet since I was running late, I thought maybe I should catch up with Him later. WRONG! I was immediately reminded that if I didn't have God I wouldn't have the ability to do anything! I sat down with my Bible and continued my reading in the book of Proverbs, which the first few chapters discuss wisdom...how ironic. I needed to make a wise choice this morning, not a foolish one...thank God for wisdom! We convince ourselves that we have control over our lives, when actually we are puppets for the Lord. He does what He wants with us, when He wants to and how He wants to! There is no way I can do anything on my To Do List without God. Nothing is more important than time with the Lord. Even if it's just a short prayer saying, "Lord, help me today and direct my steps." Although I should have been up and going earlier, I don’t feel rushed. God is in control and I will allow Him to control my day.