Wet or Dry?

My first-born asked if there was anything he could do for me to be able to play the playstation and I said, "Of course!" I told him if he washed, dried, folded, and put away all the clothes, he could play. I knew it would take him all day and he would be distracted, yet he was very attentive to his loads and followed through to the end. Well, it was time for my shower last night and my little wash man had taken all the used towels and washcloths out of the bathroom and washed them. My goodness, he's good! I had to go to the hall closet to get one and what do I see? Towels and washcloths folded neatly and put away. I picked one up and guess what? IT WAS WET!! I touched a few more to make sure the one I chose was the only wet one and I was wrong. Every towel and wash cloth he put away was wet!! Not dripping wet, yet wet enough for him to KNOW they weren't ready to come out of the dryer! Sigh....I stood their holding the wet cloth wondering what I should do. Do I go off on him or do I give him a chance to explain himself? Do I wake him up at midnight and make him wash them all over again or do I let him sleep and snatch him up before dawn in the morning? Well, it's morning and I allowed him to sleep. The wet towels are on the sofa awaiting his presence, so he can wash them over and do the job correctly. I know exactly what happened. It was getting close to his bedtime and he couldn't wait to play the playstation, so he went ahead and put his last load away wet. Because I slept on my anger, I'm not as angry, yet disappointed - very disappointed. I'll be calm and show mercy, yet he will pay! Will he tell the truth or dare he lie to me about what happened? Will he tell me the clothes felt dry or will he admit his strong desire to satisfy his need to play the playstation? Well, I can hardly wait to hear what my preteen has to say. Is this the beginning of things to come? Whatever it is, I'm taking it as a reminder to stay at the feet of Jesus and PRAY!