Nurse-maid Mama

While praying over my sleeping children last night, I practically begged God to let my youngest sleep through the night. He complained about an ear ache right before going to bed. I was so tired and didn't want another sleepless night due to family aches and pains. Yes, it sounds somewhat selfish, yet it's how I felt. Right after Christmas, my husband had a virus and reverted to a six year old while I played nurse. My youngest woke up last week wheezing and we spent the day in the emergency room while he received breathing treatments and now an earache! Lord, have mercy! In the midst of this, I felt like I was coming down with something myself, so knowing I didn't have time to be sick, I aggressively tackled my symptoms to prevent them from tackling me and thank God I'm okay - for now. I pray my family doesn't kill me as I go from sick bed to sick bed nursing them back to wellness. Going through this sure makes me thankful for my family's good health. On another hand, I just want to be sick myself and be able to rest in bed for about a week and let someone play nurse for me! Oh yea, God answered my prayer and my baby boy slept through the night. I got the rest I needed to make a possible trip to see the doctor today for an earache and don my nurse hat once again. My, my, my....the joy of playing nurse-maid!