We Are Healed!

With the unpredictable weather we’ve been having, my family has definitely endured our share of aches, pains, and viruses. Saturday morning, my youngest awoke crying with an earache, which meant another trip to the hospital. While the doctor was contemplating whether to prescribe antibiotics or not, I asked him what his hesitation was. He said whatever is going on in my son’s ear would take its natural course and heal itself, yet the antibiotics would help the process. This is so true; our body is a miracle and God created it to heal itself. I recently put this to the test when an unwelcome virus decided to visit my body. I decided to attack it with natural home remedies. It took longer for my health to be restored, yet it happened. Whether we take medicine or not, it is the blood of Jesus that heals and restores our health. It is God’s amazing grace and mercy that keeps us in our right minds and good health. As my son swallows his daily antibiotic, I remind him to thank God for His healing power and for blessing doctors with wisdom and knowledge to treat sickness and pain – God gets all the glory!

Many of us have made commitments to develop healthier lifestyles. I encourage you to continue with your commitment as I continue to exercise and eat healthy to control my blood pressure. Yes, it requires hard work and discipline, yet I remind myself to do my part, so God can do His part as I continually withdraw from his amazing grace and mercy on my health, life, and strength – day, after day, after day.

Isaiah 53:5 (NKJV)

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.