Live a Little!

I enjoy shopping as much as I enjoy yearly mammograms, so all my shopping trips are completely out of necessity. My maturing twelve year old watched me closely yesterday as I continually picked up items and placed them back on the shelf. He said to me with frustration in his voice, “Mama, live a little!” I laughed, yet his words spoke volumes to me. As I continued walking through the aisles, I reflected on my life in 2007, which was the year of no fear for me. Fear is what keeps me from being all I am created to be. Whether it’s fear of failure, rejection, being talked about, or fear of the unknown – fear keeps me from living to my fullest potential. I didn’t recognize many of my abilities until I acknowledged my fear. I prayed to be bold enough to allow God to have His way in every area of my life. God’s power and creativity runs through each of our veins, yet when we allow fear to reign, our life suffocates beneath the surface of our flesh. I challenge you to unleash God’s power and creativity in 2008 and live a little! Is there some place you’ve always wanted to go or something you’ve always wanted to do? Is there something you've started that you need to finish? If fear is keeping you from moving forward, step over it in the name of Jesus and follow the Holy Spirit without hesitation. You’ll be surprised of where it leads you! This year, I will continue recognizing fear in my life and stepping out on faith to allow God to do what He does best in me and through me. Watching my life unfold before my eyes is amazing as God increases and fear decreases. Come on, ladies…it’s a new day and a new year, so let’s live a little!

Psalm 34:4 (NKJV)
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.