The Challenge

Tennis backboards are great for training and exercise; yet I found out Sunday, while practicing my swings, that there is no challenge to chase or return balls when you’re alone. I had to continually motivate myself to stay one more minute and hit one more ball. Challenging myself in the game of tennis led me to weigh whether or not my life was being challenged. Have I progressed since last year or the year before? Is my walk more effective? Am I dealing with the same dead issues I dealt with in previous years? Have I passed relationship tests with friends and family or am I still in remedial classes waiting to graduate from the school of love and forgiveness? Is my social circle enclosed with encouragers or am I stuck in the slow lane with grumblers, mumblers, and complainers? It’s easy to become stagnant in life if we aren't challenged to do better. I want to always strive for excellence and have a passion for life. I want to be surrounded by women who aren’t afraid to challenge my signs of complacent mothering. I want to be surrounded by wives who will admonish me to always show love to my husband. I want to be surrounded by believers who will challenge a complacent spiritual walk. I want to be an example to my children to live boldly, with passion, and in faith. I’m up for the challenge and it’s time to shake the dust from my feet of all things and people hindering me from moving forward in Christ. Are you up for the challenge? I thank God for MOMSWEB and the many women who challenge and encourage me as I strive to be a Titus II Woman. This week, our latest Raising Mothers E-Newsletter will be available online for viewing and several Mothers have submitted challenging words as we plunge into another year as women, wives, and mothers. I'll be sure to challenge you to read their encouraging words with an email notice to inform you when our newsletter is aired!

Philippians 3:13-14 (NKJV)

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.