The Good Ole Days

My car is out of commission and it feels good to not be able to go anywhere. We use to be a one car family for a couple of years and this is just a reminder of 'the good ole days.' I had to take my husband to work yesterday because a few things HAD to get done, yet today I'm locked inside. Am I getting lazy or do I truly enjoy the domestic blood running through my veins? Whatever it is, I'm enjoying it. I always told my husband that I wanted to stay home, be barefoot in the kitchen, and bake bread from scratch. Notice I didn't say pregnant (smile). I love the peaceful home environment and making my home a fun, loving dwelling place for my family. I love having dinner prepared when my husband comes home and the family eating dinner together. I love the smell of fresh baked brownies for my sons to share with their friends standing at the door panting. I love quiet evenings with candles burning and my favorite smell of liquid potpourri flowing through the house. Sooo nice and relaxing. Well, tomorrow may be a different story since my husband thinks the car will be back on the road and I'll be ripping and running like a mad momma on the highway again! Either way, I'm grateful for my family life and everyday is a 'good ole day.' These periodic moments when nothing is going on only prepares me for the busyness about to begin! On your mark, get ready, set, gooooo!