Marriage is an Adventure!

I spoke with an older woman yesterday who shared she lost her husband in November. She was 79 years old and cute as a button. I asked her what she missed most about him after being married for over 30 years and companionship was her answer. "He was my best friend," she said. She had a huge smile on her face and there was no doubt her husband was truly her best friend. I couldn't imagine what she felt, yet I was happy she felt comfortable sharing with me. Of course I began to think of my best friend, my husband. I told her marriage was a job which required overtime. She agreed and also said, "Marriage is an adventure!' I've never heard it explained this way, yet I guess it is when you think about it. As she began to walk away, she told me to call my husband anything you want, yet also tell him you love him in the same sentence. I looked the word adventure up in the dictionary.
Adventure - A bold undertaking in which risks are to be run and chances taken. An unusual experience.
Yep! Marriage is an adventure!