I Can Walk!

I recently conversed with a Mother who hasn't walked in 15 years. She posed a question something like this...What would you do for the first time if you had not walked in fifteen years? Well, I don't know for sure what I would do, but I would hope I'd go somewhere to be alone and drop to my knees and thank God for the use of my legs. Then I'd probably jump and shout for joy as I walked myself to the bathroom to use it after getting myself so excited.

Last night, the family was together in my sons' room and as the oldest played his keyboard, Mama was putting on a show dancing up a storm. What a joy it is to have the activity of our limbs. My goodness, sometimes we don't think about it until we're reminded of how blessed we are. Some Mothers are not able to do simple tasks that I sometimes find myself complaining about. Some Mothers don't have custody of their children and yes, I get TIRED of mine from time to time. Some Mothers don't have good health and have to solicit help to care for their children. Yes, it's a whole world out there we're not aware of. It's a wonderful thing to know God will love us enough to use people and events to remind us of how grateful we should be.