The Victory!

While watching the final inning of the World Series last night, I focused on the facial expressions of the anxious fans awaiting the outcome of the game. I related to their edgy emotions by recalling some of the very close games my sons have participated in. Each player’s move is watched with intense concentration as spectators hope and pray for victory. At the end of the game, you see the winning team running on the field, jumping up and down, and yelling with excitement while the other team faces the agony of defeat. I had a life lesson in this late night baseball game I was honored to watch alone.

I’ve been promised a life of victory! I don’t have to live my life wondering and hoping about the outcome of my circumstances. I have a choice to maintain a mind of victory or defeat. My life should be anxiety free! These thoughts made me want to jump up and down and run through my living room as if I had won the World Series. What joy! I have God’s favor living a life of promised triumph. It doesn’t matter what the middle of my mess looks like – I have the victory! It doesn’t matter if I’m bringing up the rear – I live in victory! It doesn’t matter if things don’t go according as planned – I’ve got the victory! Helping our children apply these concepts in their small worlds of academics, sports, and other endeavors teaches them spiritual success. Preparing our children for life is one thing, yet preparing them with a mindset of victory is larger than life. The benefits of being obedient and in God’s will are beyond belief, yet real. The Red Sox may have won the World Series, yet when you're on God’s team, you're a winner in life! Live today in victory!