Is Hubby Number One?

Being a wife is a full time job! There is more to being a help mate than meeting the physical needs of my groom. Cooking for him, washing his clothes, and stroking his ego every now and then are all good, yet that's not all. My prayer this morning was that I truly grasp the meaning of being my husband's helper - physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. I felt like I was doing a good job until our Married Couples Class last night. The study was on priorities - my goodness...I fall so short in making my groom feel he is number one in my life. Yes, he is a high maintenance man, yet his high maintenance and everything else about him are mine. He is God's gift to me although I often want to return it (smile). I'm making a new commitment to pay more attention to the needs of my man and make him feel he is number one in my life. God IS my life, so hubby should be number one. The children think they are number one, yet they come second. I'm mentally exhausted at the thought of this new commitment, yet I'll just ask for an extra filling of the Holy Spirit. I want to give my husband all HE needs, not all I think he needs - there's a difference! Well, no time to talk... I've got a JOB to do!