Making A Difference

After being with my sons all day long, most evenings I’d like to just sit and vegetate, yet this rarely happens. They love it when the entire family is together. While I’m trying to find a quiet corner to escape in, they’re planning a family night. Even time spent at the dinner table is enjoyable to them; they can sit for an hour after the meal is complete while we all joke and laugh with one another. I’m grateful my sons appreciate their family, yet at the same time I often find myself thinking of other things I’d like to be doing. It’s heaven to me to be in a corner reading a book or somewhere quiet writing. I just need a minute – not a whole day – just a minute! Hmmm…will my boys grow out of this? At ages nine and eleven…yep…I better enjoy this while I can. Children experience changing stages of development, yet spending time with them produces unchanging results. Spending time with them shows a love they’ll never find in their peers. Spending time with them gives a confidence and security they won’t find in the streets. Spending time with them gives them a desire to want to spend time with us. Mothers don’t have a lot of spare time and if you’re selfish like me, you’re trying to find time to yourself, yet it’s not the quantity of time, yet the quality time we spend with our child that makes the difference.