God's Protection / Mother's Intuition

I'm one of those Mothers who still gets up in the middle of the night to check on her children. If my eyes open, I'm up surveying the house - going through each room making sure everything is in tact and also looking out a window to see the front of the house and our surroundings. The main thing I do before going back to bed is check on my babies ( ages 9/11) and pray for them. Last night I didn't make my survey check. I remember looking at the clock and it read 1:30 and I chose to stay in bed. Well, this morning when I walked into my sons' room to check on them, their ceiling fan was on the floor. Yes, the ceiling fan was on the floor. It fell right out of the ceiling. I looked over my boys to see if they were okay. I was almost afraid to get close to them, but I made sure they were breathing and immediately thanked God once again for his mercy and protection. The ceiling fan didn't have to fall straight down. It could have done some serious damage in their small room and to them. I left the fan on the floor because I want the boys to see it when they wake up. What a wonderful opportunity to share God's grace and mercy - we are so undeserving! Anyway, I'm not saying the fan would not have fallen if I had done my routine survey check, yet there may have been some sign - a sound or something. When God opens a Mother's eyes in the middle of the night - it isn't just because He wants to see how beautiful they are - get up! A Mother's intuition is stronger than we can ever imagine. We can't be everywhere at all times, yet God can, so when He prompts us to move (whatever time of the day)...for His sake MOVE!