I Have What?

I’ve been doing everything in my power to lower my blood pressure and at a recent doctor’s visit; it was lower than ever. I was thrilled, yet my doctor had more news. An earlier series of lab tests indicated I have MCTD. “I have WHAT?” Mixed Connective Tissue Disease is the name of a rare disease wanting to damage my body. I prayed and the peace that surpasses all understanding covered me as my doctor continued to speak. He asked if I was sure I felt alright. When I assured him I felt fine, he said if I had not already been doing the right things, our conversation would not be as pleasant. Eating right, exercising, drinking water, and meditating are part of my daily life - now more than ever. Little did I know working to lower my blood pressure was intervening severe symptoms of this rare disease – thank you, Holy Spirit for your guidance! Besides occasional bouts of dreadful fatigue, other symptoms have yet to visit me. I wish I had been obedient enough to care for my temple anyway – regardless of blood pressure, yet I thank God for his mercy and another opportunity to live right – physically. When will we get it? How many times must we be told the importance of exercise? When will we start drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water each day? When will we start getting the proper rest our bodies yearn for? Hmmm…maybe when we visit the doctor and he tells us we have a disease. Mothers, if you haven’t already, I encourage you to begin today – take care of your temple! How you treat your body today is indication of how it will treat you later. Young Mothers are not excluded from this! Don’t wait to ask God for healing after the damage is done. Ask for discipline to implement preventive measures in your daily life - today.

3 John 1:2 (NIV)

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.