MENAPPLAUSE!

Lately, I’ve been hearing so much about menopause through the media. From the day I realized I was in peri-menopause (the beginning stages), I have been excited. I thank God for the mood swings and hot flashes! Menapplause! Why? This change in my life not only reminds me that my pop-up craziness is warranted, yet it’s preparing me for the second stage of my life as a secure, confident woman. Younger women should be prepared for this transition. I wish I had been more aware of the change. Instead, I thought I needed crazy pills and thought I was drying up into a grey pile of brittle bones. I’m also celebrating menopause because one day I will be free from Aunt Flo! She has GOT TO GO! Her monthly visits have been an inconvenience since middle school and it’s time for her to pack her bags and leave for good. Aunt Flo, you are no longer welcome here! MENAPPLAUSE!!