Take The Trash Out!

My eleven year old is on lockdown until he learns to take the trash out without being told. Am I being too hard on him? My Father says if this is my only issue with my son right now, I don’t have any problems. Well, I may not have a problem now, but my son will have problems later if he doesn’t have consequences for his lack of responsibility. Okay, I admit my choice of punishment is a little harsh. I’ll release my son from boot-camp in a few days, yet it’s amazing what no television and play station has done to him. Taking away his most prize possessions has made a difference in his attitude also. I’m loving it! I know he’s putting on a good show until he gets his world back, yet he’ll remember what happened and I won’t hesitate to do it again. I always remind myself I’m raising some young woman’s husband, I’m raising a Father, I’m raising a future employee, I’m raising a future community/state leader. The early habits created today will transfer to his adult life, so as The Loving Mama, it is my responsibility to raise a responsible, contributing citizen with character. Whatever my son decides to do when he leaves the house is on him, but for now…TAKE THE TRASH OUT!