R & R

Okay, I've discovered another secret to being a healthy, happy Mother....REST! Finding the time to get rest and relaxation (R&R) is a key ingredient to Motherhood, yet this is the one thing we get very little of. Our common phrase, "I'm tired" is proof we don't get enough rest, which means we will always be tired until we learn to take care of ourselves first. My younger sister saw me after my recent five days of respite from my family and she said she didn't see a wrinkle or any sign of stress in my face. Okaaaay, what do I look like when I don't get rest? Pretty scary! I use to tell my Mother I didn't have time to sit down. It's not that I'm so busy, yet I obviously didn't think enough of myself to stop what I was doing to rest my tired body- I'm not that important that I can't stop for 10-15 minutes. Most older women know the importance of rest, yet I pray I can help the younger Mothers understand this. Why wait until you're 50 or 60 and broken down and tired (from putting your family first) before you realize you need to take care of YOU first? Find a minute today to REST!