Loving When Unlovable

It's easy to love our husband and children when they're lovable, yet we know they aren't always the lovable beings we want them to be. I call my husband my Sugar Bear, yet he isn't always full of sugar! There are moments I wonder if I'm losing my mind or if he has already lost his, but regardless of the circumstances, I must constantly display love in my marriage. My husband has taught me the art of loving someone when they aren't lovable. Sometimes the grass in our yard can be as high as the sky, yet I must love him. He may need a particular shirt washed after I've washed my last load for the day, yet I must love him. His dirty clothes may be on the floor right next to the dirty clothes hamper, yet I must love him. He may want to sit and watch t.v. all night, yet I must love him. He may make some wrong decisions for the family, yet I must love him. He may ask what's for dinner before he asks how my day was, yet I must love him. Yes, I could go on and on, yet I have to stop and think about all the wonderful, loving things about this man that I was so excited to marry - he's still the same person and I must love him. I think about how he puts up with me - and I love him. I think about the time he spends with our children - and I love him. I think about his unexpected acts of kindness towards me - and I love him. I think about how he provides for the family - and I love him. I think about the gift God gave me through my husband... and I must love him.