Get Dressed For The Day!

When I had my first child, my Mother told me to always get dressed and ready for the day first thing in the morning. I realized early in the game that waiting around for a few hours to dress, comb my hair, and brush my teeth only set me up for a mad rush of the unexpected happenings of the day! Even while on convalescent leave, Mama told me to make myself presentable. Unexpected visitors may come by to see the baby, I may have to go to the store, or even rush to the hospital...anything can happen! Even today, retired and homeschooling, I get up and get ready for the day - most days. For some reason, pajamas leave me in a relaxed frame of mind and it's easy to lounge when I KNOW I don't have time to lounge. Getting dressed as if I'm dressing for a job (being a Mother is definitely a job) , puts me in a working mindset and helps me feel better about myself. Even combing my hair makes a difference in how I feel - Mama still says, "If your hair is combed, you look and feel better about yourself." For those Mothers working outside the home, get ready for a great work day!! For those Mothers working inside the home, get dressed and ready for a great work day - at home!!