Dirty Dishes

It's funny how some things that never bother us can irritate the living hell out of us on another day. What is it with the dishes that everyone feels so comfortable just placing their dirty dishes in the sink KNOWING they will get washed? This morning, after cooking breakfast for my husband, I washed dishes and cleaned the kitchen. I walk out and came back (not even two minutes later) and the sink is full of dirty containers from his lunch bag on yesterday. Last night the same thing happened. I cleaned the kitchen up nicely after dinner and later we all sit down to watch the All Star Baseball Game. Of course everyone wants a snack, so what do I see before I go to bed? A sink full of dirty dishes! Okaaaay, I don't remember a maid living here, but I guess they think it's me! It's time for my sons to join the dishwasher's schedule. I'm sick of washing dishes and this was a chore I enjoyed! Toooo many dishes ruined a good thing (smile). Anyway, my prayer this morning was asking for help to keep my mind of carnal matters that don't glorify God and look at me. I've given too much time already to simple thoughts of dishes I should be thankful to have! Dirty dishes means we have food to eat! Sigh....just something else to keep me at the feet of Jesus!