Goals, Dreams, and Desires

I recently had dinner with a friend who shared that her goals, dreams, and desires have been written down for a while. I admire her for this because although I know the importance of writing goals and dreams, I never have. The Proverbs 31 Woman was an affluent business woman and I often wonder if her goals were written. My friend and I continued to share our carnal business plans and God’s plan for our lives. I shared how I never thought I’d be doing the things I’m doing today - never. I’m the queen of home-based businesses; I’ve tried and failed at many, yet making the decision to live a life of obedience to God as a woman, wife, and Mother made the difference. Allowing God to have his way in my life has allowed veiled talents and gifts to surface and shine and my only goal today is to stay in the will of God. I no longer pursue my own dream, yet I pursue a lifestyle of worship and obedience. I allow God to lead, direct, and order my every step and I’ve walked right into His purposed plan for my life. I no longer have to make things happen because everything is already set in motion according to His perfect plan and timing. He strategically places people and resources in my path to support me in the passions planted in my heart – my goals, dreams, and desires are now His. If you’re wondering why your dreams are sitting stagnant or your life is not all you hoped it would be, check your business plan and make sure it is aligned with God’s plan. Oftentimes, our goals, dreams, and desires conflict with His will. I held up progress! I prolonged the plan by resisting God’s direction. I’ve wasted a lot of money, gas, time, and energy, yet a life lesson was conveyed - God’s plan is the best plan – the only plan for my life.

Ephesians 1:11 (NIV)
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will…