Stress Buster

I was speaking to a mother yesterday who has two full time positions outside of the home and returns home each day physically and mentally drained. I remember being in the military and coming home feeling the same way. I had little to give and prayed as I summoned the energy to offer to my real job - my family. It seemed they got my leftovers, yet it was all I had to give – I did my best. Women are natural workers – hard workers. Sometimes we have to be told to slow down or STOP! Super Mom Syndrome causes stress and stress causes illness. Exercise is a great stress buster. I’ve started an exercise regime (again), and I’m reminded how exercise relieves stress and irritability. Amazing!! I also have more energy at the end of the day. I’m doing the exercising right in my home - sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks, running in place, dancing, light weights, and whatever else I can do to help myself. I refuse to spend money on another body gadget to sit in the corner and look at me. Our family depends on us and so does our body, so taking care of it NOW will definitely pay off later. What is your stress buster?