Cheese or Chili Fries?

My mother gave me a book titled, Woman to Woman, several years ago and recently I’ve been led to revisit the book. The book speaks of having a Christ-centered personality. Little did I know the Lord was preparing me for this past weekend as I worked in a ball field concession stand with several other women. I had the pleasure of working next to a woman with a very sour attitude. She was a hard worker, yet her attitude overshadowed her performance. She wasn’t pleasant at all and I couldn’t get her to return a smile - I would have to paint it on her myself. At one point, this woman turned her back to me and on the back of her t-shirt was wording about casting out devils. Hmmm...I made a point to view the front of her t-shirt and sure enough there was a picture of a Bible with more wording. I then heard her say something about Jesus. As I prepared to privately judge this strange woman, the Holy Spirit made me check myself. What kind of demeanor did I have in the hot, busy, chaotic concession stand as I fried fries and received orders for chili fries and cheese fries? Was there a pleasant look on my face or was I frowning? Was I kind to the other women as they shouted orders at me or was I snapping back? Was my light shining or are they wondering if I’m a Christian? I thought about Woman to Woman and immediately asked the Lord to help me have a Christ-centered personality in my present, undesirable situation. I prayed without ceasing and kept my focus on the Lord - this was necessary to avoid embarrassing the family of God. It's so easy to watch someone else, yet there is always someone watching me. It's also easy to be a t-shirt Christian, yet I'd rather be a Christian from the inside out. Dear Lord, help me to have a Christ-centered personality. Cover me with your character and let my light shine at all times!

Matthew 5:16 (KJV)
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."