Christ Controlled

Although my children are home educated, they attend school once a week and I’m thankful I don’t have to deal with our once a week morning routine on a daily basis. Thank you, Lord! My eight year old still has no sense of time, so he feels he can wake up and sit, maybe even casually sit and read. My ten-year old is forgetful and last week he forgot his lunch. Sometimes on our drive to school, I’ll look in the back seat and realize someone has not brushed his hair. These are small things, yet when there are several small things in a small period of time, it can be annoying. I pray out loud to keep calm and to allow the boys to hear my prayers for them and for myself. I also pray to keep a Christ-Controlled attitude. Knowing I can depend on Jesus to keep me pleasant in the midst of craziness is a comfort in itself. It’s easy to permit small matters to steal our peace of mind and the stability of our home. Things happen and our reaction to these things is what is important. We don’t want to embarrass the family of God or be a bad example to our children. Actions speak louder than words and children repeat what they see and hear. A Christ-Controlled attitude makes a Christ-Controlled home.