Bedtime

I’m trying to practice what I preach and I’m the first to tell other women the importance of properly caring for themselves. I’m usually the last person in the house to go to bed at night, yet last evening I was the first and it felt good! I left my husband and the boys up watching the football game. There was plenty around the house I could have done; yet my body was screaming for rest and I listened. Not getting the proper rest makes us quite irritable whether we realize it or not. Getting more rest may be the answer to some of a woman’s moodiness – not all of it, but some of it (smile). Some of us have the ‘tired’ look. We look as if they are burning the candle at both ends, which may be the case, yet getting the proper rest may help soften this ‘tired’ look. Our rest is important for many reasons. They don’t call it beauty rest for nothing! It’s funny how we ensure our children get proper rest, yet we forget we are human also – we often function on fumes! If we are always late to bed and early to rise, it will definitely take a toll on our body. How we treat our body today will determine how it treats us tomorrow. What is your bedtime?