Casting My Cares!

Sitting on the edge of my bed this morning at 4:45 a.m., I felt overwhelmed with what the day held and I already felt TIRED. I didn't feel very thankful for another day, nor was my mind Christ-Controlled as I struggled to pray for strength. I wanted to go back to bed - I was TIRED! I watched my husband limp around our bedroom with a painful knee, so I knew this was not the morning to skip cooking breakfast for him. I wondered if he considered how I felt after a busy weekend...I'm TIRED! Realizing I was wasting my time wondering if anyone cared, I walked out of my bedroom and heard music coming from my sons' bedroom. I always turn their stereo off when they fall asleep, yet they sometimes turn it back on in the middle of the night. I stood outside their door listening to Ruben Studdard's version of I Surrender All...this was God's perfect timing. Tears began to roll as I listened to the words of this comforting hymn. I felt like Jesus was giving me a big hug and infusing me with His love, strength, energy, and power. Yes, somebody does care - Jesus! At this moment, I surrendered the cares of the day and myself to Him. The loads of laundry, cooking breakfast for my husband and again for the boys, home schooling, tasks to complete for MOMSWEB, never-ending housework, phone calls and emails to answer, deciding what to cook for dinner, friends needing help, my weariness, and every other worldly matter on my mind was handed right over to the Lord. My weight was lifted and I was able to begin my day. Knowing I can cast my cares on the Lord and depend on Him to work through me and for me, gives me the supernatural power I need to go on in His name. Hold me up, Holy Ghost!