No Coincidence

Once again, I began an exercise regime that seems to be working for me. I'm so tired of starting off strong with good intentions only to stop after a week or two. The Lord is making sure I stick to it this time. I was recently asked to facilitate an Integrity Class at my church and my first lesson was on commitment. As I led the class in making a list of items we were most and least committed to, the Holy Spirit began to work. Exercise topped my list of things least committed to and as I shared my list with the class, others agreed. While expressing the importance of being committed to caring for our temple, I had a defining moment on being an example for the Lord and practicing what I preach. My younger sister told me no woman over a size 12 wants to hear me talk about diet and exercise because of my small frame, yet I am not excused from glorifying God in this area of my life. I received a call from a friend this morning reminding me of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month and how we need to do our part to prevent illness and disease in order to be around for our husbands and children. This phone call was no coincidence. Another friend sends me email reminders on the importance of mammograms - this is no coincidence. My father faithfully walks eight to ten miles every day regardless of the weather - this is no coincidence. I have several friends who are Cancer Survivors or are now being treated for cancer - this is no coincidence. The Lord choosing me to facilitate the class on Integrity to get my attention on commitment is no coincidence. Yes, the signs are there. How many chances will the Lord give me? He’s given me several and I thank God for His mercy. I know the awesome benefits of exercise and proper nutrition and I also know the Holy Spirit cannot reign in an unkempt temple - my temple is a little raggedy. I must be an example across the board as a Godly Woman - not just in a few areas of my life. I must be an example for my children and also be in a position to teach the younger women in my life. Will you join me as I make a commitment to be a faithful servant in regards to caring for my body - His temple? If you're already there, God bless you! Please encourage another woman to do the same!

1 Corinthians 6:19 (NIV)
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;