I'm A Survivor

It amazes me how women still think I have it altogether after sharing my struggles and trials week after week. I am far from being at home praising the Lord all day and never losing control. Before the Lord allows me to share any meditation, I am tested and tried, and then after I share with you and boldly quote scripture, I am tested and tried again. I reflect on past meditations and I still struggle with my character, raising my children, accepting others, keeping my home clean, busyness, taking time for myself, maintaining my temple (I have my first mammogram today), and my marriage. After last week’s meditation on husbands, the enemy got busy! I could only laugh as I recalled the countless emails I received from women who are battling to save their marriage. Of course I still have struggles in my marriage! Please, don’t think you’re alone.

Through all my tests and trials, my faith in God is strengthened, my character is refined, and my witness is stronger. Yes, I get weary; yet standing on God’s promises gives me strength to endure. The battles will continue to come as long as I strive to be a Godly wife and mother, yet The Lord promised He would not put more on me than I can bear – sometimes I wonder, yet I’m still standing! Battles come one after another, yet He allows me to catch my breath and gird up for the next bout. He knows exactly what trials I need in my life to be the woman He created me to be - all things really do work for our good. I am a work in progress. I guess appearing to have it altogether is a witness in itself – no matter what comes my way, I am a survivor by the grace of God. The only way the enemy can win is if I give up and I’m in this race until the end. Do I have it altogether? No, but God keeps me together – He holds me up and through Him…I have the victory!

II Corinthians 4:8-9 (KJV)
“We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed…”