Can't Sleep

Having trouble sleeping at night? I use to wake up in the early hours and wonder why the Lord had me up at 3 o'clock in the morning? I've gotten myself into the habit of waking up to pray. Whether we choose to believe it's nerves, hormones, or something we ate - waking up in the wee hours of the morning is a good time to pray! Our lives are so full of LIFE, that God has to compete with noise, people in our ear, worry, people in our ear, errands, housework, people in our ear, appointments, television, radio, people in our ear, etc... When does God get our undivided attention? When I'm awaken in the middle of the night, I believe God is ushering me to his throne. I may not understand what is going on that needs prayer, yet that's okay. I go into my children's room to pray for them, I pray for my husband and our marriage, I pray for covering of my home, I pray for protection, wisdom in raising my children, compassion to love my husband when he's not lovable, to be more Christ-Controlled, and whatever else the Lord brings to mind. I also pray for individuals outside of my family that come to mind. After I pray, I praise God for my many, many blessing and the storm I may be going through or about to go through. You know, praise runs the enemy away! After this time of prayer and praise, I go back to bed and I sleep like a baby. I've been doing this for a few years now and it's been a blessing to me and my family benefits! Pray without ceasing!