Dust Bunnies

Instead of looking for a seat at the 8 a. m. worship service, I was looking for a parking spot at Walmart at 6 a.m. to purchase cleaning supplies. The Lord told me He did not want one word of praise or one act of worship until I got my house in order, therefore, my family went to church and I stayed home to clean - I received a personal lesson on my lifestyle of worship. I’ll spare you the details and myself some embarrassment, yet the dust bunnies were setting up house. I’ve been out of town the past two weekends and my home has been neglected. Good excuse huh? If you were to come into my home, you definitely would not see a mess - I always make sure the entrance is presentable, however, if you were to take a walk down the hallway and look to the left or to the right, you’d see something a little different. After I thought about it, how could I get dressed to attend worship service and leave my house a mess? Actually it’s quite easy…it would simply be another game of charades and appearing to have it all together. I’ve done it before and felt absolutely no guilt, yet I thank God for getting my attention and correcting me. My home should be a reflection of a Godly Woman. No, it won’t always be spotless, yet should represent the family of God - not the family of slobs. The woman sets the tone in the house, so there will be some changes in my home and the changes will begin with me. What standards am I setting for my children? What standards am I setting for other mothers? What standards do I have for myself? This is another area of my life needing correction and I will obey. Dust bunnies don’t travel alone and neither does sin. Every area of my life, small and large, influences my entire witness.

I Corinthians 5:6 (NKJV)
Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven (like yeast) leavens the whole lump?