Stand

I couldn’t wait to get to church Sunday. I needed an encouraging Mother’s Day message and selfishly expected a personal word from above. As I walked in the church, I was handed a beautiful carnation. I appreciated it, but a flower wasn’t what I needed. I found a seat and waited for my anticipated word. Finally, it was time for the pastor to deliver. "Dear God, please speak to me." As usual, the message was exactly what I needed, but I was blessed with more. The most encouraging part of the sermon was when my pastor asked if any Mothers were a witness to trusting God to make everything alright. I sat and watched Mother after Mother of children older than mine, stand and acknowledge the power of God in their motherhood journey. This was more than encouraging to me – I was edified - I was empowered! These mothers have no idea how they blessed me as they stood and praised God. Mothers, Grandmothers, Step-Mothers, and God-Mothers were standing. They indirectly let me know they’ve gone through some trying times with their children. They let me know how difficult it is to let their children go. They let me know they’ve had some sleepless nights. They let me know they’ve had to cry sometimes. They let me know their children try their patience and take advantage of their love. Thank you for standing!
I know I will survive my new state of affairs with my pre-teen son and puberty stricken baby boy. We're experiencing new attitudes and new issues. I too, must stand. I must stand on God’s promises and trust Him in every situation – no matter how difficult it seems. These Mothers assured me that I can make it through my new season of Motherhood. I thank God for my word - He never delivers the way we expect Him to. I thank my pastor for prompting these Mothers to witness to me. I especially thank all mothers who share their trying motherhood moments; God knows we all have them! My Mother's Day was special. My family showed me love and several Mothers showed me love by reminding me everything is already alright as long as I continue to trust in God and stand - on His promises.

Acts 26:16 (NKJV)
But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.