Mom's Curriculum

It's graduation time again! If I continue homeschooling, I don’t think public recognition for our completion is what I’ll want. Take me to a far away place to dance and scream as loudly as I can, “I’m finished!” Oh yea, it’s not about me, huh? Well, graduation is about all Mothers when we're reminded we are our child's first teacher. We have endless teaching opportunities to prepare our children for graduation. I'm not speaking of graduation from the average school, but graduation from Mom's Christ-Centered Curriculum. Sure, my boys can turn percentages into decimals, but do they know God can turn a seemingly bad situation into a good one? Yes, they can quote the Preamble to the Constitution, but can they quote scripture? Of course, I’ve taught good study habits, but have I taught the importance of daily Bible study? They know how to successfully take a multiple choice quiz, but are they equipped to make the right choices in life? And finally, they know how to act in class, but will they set an example of a God-fearing Believer? Graduation is an exciting time in a child’s life. Mothers can be just as excited knowing we've done all we can to prepare them for the world – the real world. They need to know how to pass tests - tests of their character and faith. They need to be knowledgeable of the war – spiritual warfare. They need to know how to pick friends – is Jesus their best friend? Graduation is an end to another beginning - the beginning of life as an adult. When my sons graduate, I pray I have reason to joyfully dance and scream and that they won't need remedial classes from Mom's Curriculum. For those of you completing your twelve laborious years of teachers, books, reports, and projects, may God bless you and your tireless efforts! For those of us with a few years left before celebration, let's keep pressing on. Let's prepare our children for graduation from Mom's Christ-Centered Curriculum - graduation into the real world.

Psalm 34:11 (NKJV)
Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.