Sorry I'm Your Mama!

I am finished trying to validate why I do certain things regarding my children. Today, firstborn asked if he would have a summer like the other children. I told him he wasn't like the "other" children. He continued to try to explain what he meant, but no explanation was needed. I understood completely what he was saying. He's beginning to realize he doesn't get to do things other children get to do nor does he get to go places some of his friends get to go. Certain television shows aren't allowed along with music and video games. Tonight, one of his friends called him on their cell phone at 10:30 p.m. Hmmm... Well, Firstborn. I'm sorry I'm your Mama, but some things I just won't allow you to do. I'm sorry I'm your Mama, but some places you just won't be allowed to go. I'm sorry I'm your Mama, but some things you just won't get to watch. I was purposely chosen to be your Mother and I count it an honor! Every decision I make regarding your life will play a part in your future choices, morals, values, and beliefs. Sorry I'm your Mama, but this Mama has got to do what she's got to do...just remember - I do what I do because I LOVE YOU!