Sick Husbands




My, my, my….God can use anything and anybody to show the power, need, and influence of a Mother in the home and this morning He used my dear husband who woke up not feeling very well. I touched his forehead to see if he was warm and was clammy and sweaty as usual. He took his temperature and it too, was normal, yet my baby just didn’t feel well and I mean my BABY! I think he just wanted me to know he didn’t feel well, so I could don my nurse hat and offer a little more comfort and compassion during the very early morning hour (smile). Although he was dressed for work, I asked all the right questions. “Are you sure you want to go to work?” “Sweetie, how do you feel?” “Are you going to be okay?” “Is there anything I can do for you?” I honestly believe meeting his emotional and physical needs made him feel a little better. I even made his sandwich for his lunch and gave him a health drink before he walked out the door. To top it off, I asked him how he felt on a scale of 1-10. Didn’t I work it? I sure can’t take credit for it because my prayer this morning was asking God to help me to be all my husband needed me to be as his wife and I was truly put to the test. I’d say I passed it with flying colors and I’m sure my husband will be okay. A Mother doesn’t have time to be sick; we’ve got to be ready to answer the call to everyone else’s needs!