No T.V. Day

Yesterday, I decided the family would have a no television and no playstation day, so all day there was no electronic equipment to compete with. The boys were forced to find other things to do and they realized they can survive without a screen in front of them. Although they are limited to only a few hours of playstation and t.v. a day, it takes away from the family. Can you imagine living back in the day when there was no t.v.? The family sat in front of the radio! What did they do before radio? It's amazing how the home environment changes when your eyeballs aren't glued to a screen. Not only did we spend more time together, we had fun. I usually exercise in the evenings, just dancing in my living room (no gym fees) and the boys joined me last night. We danced for hours and needless to say, I slept like a rock. They had me doing moves I didn't know my body could still do. I wish I had the power to say 'no t.v.' more often, yet we know who rules the remote control!!! Anyway, it was great and maybe I can make a motion to have no t.v. night once a week. It's great not having to compete with the t.v., to spend quality time with your family!